- Dual mode – Phone (voice, SMS, data (and SOS)) and PTT
- Switch from phone to PTT in <10 seconds
- Switch from PTT to phone in <20 seconds
- Meets military-grade durability standards
- Jet-water, shock and dust resistance (IP65-rated)
- Compact, lightweight design for ultimate portability
- Diamond treaded, taper grip for in-hand ergonomics
- Built-in PTT button
- Integrated loudspeaker
- Rugged, high-gain antenna
- Daylight-readable, glare-resistant display
- 0.1" (2.5 mm) headset and hands-free capability
- Mini-USB data port
- Dedicated SOS button (in phone mode only)
PTT Mode Features
In PTT mode, you have access to unparalleled situation awareness and control features users will expect with added capabilities including:
- Fastest satellite-based PTT: <2 seconds to first initiate a talkgroup, <500 milliseconds once intiated
- Low latency, <1 second audio delay front end
- "PTT" service status displayed on LCD
- Can be provisioned for up to 15 talkgroups including 1 priority talkgroup
- Two PTT operating modes:
- Home mode – looks for activity on a specific talkgroup and participates in any sessions
- Scan mode – scans for activity on provisioned talkgroups and plays a few seconds of
- Displays speaker’s device ID, distance and bearing
- Over-the-air programming. Device auto-updates every 4 hours by default, or users can initiate on demand
Unlike previous systems that are limited to use in vehicles or can only be used for handheld applications, the Iridium Extreme® PTT is truly flexible to support every communication environment. Versatile accessories including shoulder-mounted carrying cases, docking stations and external antennas (sold separately) ensure critical communications can be maintained in any situation – on foot, in-vehicle or inside buildings.
With its intuitive drag-and-drop browser based interface, the Iridium PTT Command Center offers unprecedented flexibility to configure and manage talkgroups, coverage areas and devices in real-time. AES-256 encryption ensures that all communications are secure.
GEOS Emergency Monitoring and Response Coordination Service
You can configure your SOS button to obtain the Emergency Response Coordination Service provided by GEOS and staffed 24/7. Once the emergency notification request is received, the GEOS contacts the user directly to establish the nature of the emergency and search and the appropriate search and rescue authorities are notified.
This GEOS service is optional and available at no charge with all Iridium Extreme subscriptions.
Register for this service